PDA

View Full Version : Islamorada Vacation - Recap with Video

Tailingtide
07-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Been doing this for over 10 years. Core group of college friends getting together for 3 days of fishing. For years we did it in Boca Grande. Last year we decided to change things up and go to Islamorada and since we had to rent something for a week, we added the wives for the second half of the week after the rest of the boys left. We three couples have known each other for as many as 40 years. This year we rented a house on Snake Creek. FANTASTIC. First canal in ocean side. Final tally on the week as far as fishing

2-4 on tarpon (landing 65 and 100#)
9 foot nurse shark
2 blackfin tuna
3 mutton snapper
approx 25 LBS of yellowtail and mangrove snapper fillets

Boy that place will spoil you bad. I mean I LOVE living on mosquito lagoon but come on. 15 mins offshore and you are in 400ft of water? Paradise!!

Here is a short video I made of the trip. First one I have ever made and used an old home computer with Windows Movie Maker....ugh would kill for a Mac and IMovie!!!!

Enjoy

http://youtu.be/RUSyJCeSvLA

Slough
07-12-2011, 05:44 PM
:beer Looks like a grand time with friends and great job on vid!

INTREPID377
07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Really nice job on the video. I actually recognize your boat for the 4th of July weekend when we were down. Nice ride!

Oh, and congratulations on surviving WMM. That program is HORRID!

out-cast
07-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Well done!! Nice vid, music, and sweet *** boat!

Full Throttle
07-12-2011, 08:53 PM
congrats on a great trip! I love islamorada, its fishing and diving paradise, i try and go 2-3 times a yr down there, i wanna retire there !

Tailingtide
07-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks for all the nice replies. Intrepid377 thanks for the boat compliment. It's a dorado 23. I have had it 4 years now and absolutely love it. Does everything my hellsbay did but go in the mangrove tunnels in the everglades. I put a trolling motor on it and plug shorelines for snook, bonefish in the keys, troll for dolphin and kingfish and run all over mosquito lagoon for reds and tarpon. After 4 knee surguries and my kids being in college, this boat is a magic carpet ride compared to my skiffs of days gone by

Tailingtide
07-12-2011, 11:12 PM
of course "Venturesome" on the southeast forum has everybody beat on videos. That guys a pro!!!! but of course he's got a Mac!!!!!!!!

COOPER FINN
07-13-2011, 04:46 PM
That was a great video! Looks like you had a great vacation. I wish I was there......Thanks for sharing! :beer

Angler Medic 713
07-14-2011, 10:20 AM
nice job!

Peckerwood
07-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Very Cool video....we were at Holiday Isle the same day rafted-up a few boats down from you, I think it was Friday. We were in a Sundance NX21. In fact when we pulled our boat out on Saturday at Founder's Park we saw your boat again, your fish decal is unique. It was a fun week for us too. We caught a few snapper and kings. I like the idea of the guys going down before the wives to get some quality fishing time in, maybe next year we will do the same.

Tailingtide
07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Very Cool video....we were at Holiday Isle the same day rafted-up a few boats down from you, I think it was Friday. We were in a Sundance NX21. In fact when we pulled our boat out on Saturday at Founder's Park we saw your boat again, your fish decal is unique. It was a fun week for us too. We caught a few snapper and kings. I like the idea of the guys going down before the wives to get some quality fishing time in, maybe next year we will do the same.

Yes it was the Friday before the fourth weekend. Funny how small the world is isn't it?? Last year when we did it, we made the mistake of doing girls first and boys second. Not good. Too much fishing testosterone on the front end of the trip. Girls going second this year was PERFECT!!!

Fly Hooker
07-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Looks like a sweet trip, we need to get back down to the Keys soon!

PONCE
07-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Man Im jealous, wish I could get down there for a spell, Thanks for posting up :Rockon

Tailingtide
07-19-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm already dying to go back!!!

darkhairypod
07-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Great video and lovely women as well !!

Tailingtide
07-24-2011, 11:52 PM
Great video and lovely women as well !!
Thank you sir.. We celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary next month:beer

Afishy1
07-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Great Video! That platter of fish and Fixin's had my mouth watering. Great job. Looks like it was a Blast.:thumbsup
PS. I have that same engine and love it. Mine is an 06.

Tailingtide
07-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Great Video! That platter of fish and Fixin's had my mouth watering. Great job. Looks like it was a Blast.:thumbsup
PS. I have that same engine and love it. Mine is an 06.

The platter of fish was at Lazy Day's in Islamorada. As far as the Etec I love mine too. Mine is a late 07 model