PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian inshore 7-7 thru 7-12

duckmanJR
07-12-2011, 12:07 PM
OK, I know some of you love pictures...So here are pictures of the only Red I've personally kept this year. I was sighting them up ( found some water that was almost OK) and after losing one, this one ate the Gulp crab so deep that even a barbless jig was no help....and she was bleeding as bad as have ever seen a fish bleed....that water in my release well is tinged pink from all the blood....
It will go to a buddy that makes a killer fish dip out of it.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/duckmanjr1481/dipfish002.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/duckmanjr1481/dipfish001.jpg

So, I got back in town late Tuesday the 6th after a 15 hour marathon drive from Maryland. Would have been sub 14 but some guy pulling a camper had I-95 stopped near Ormand beach for over an hour after turning it over ( special note...don't tow stuff with a single axel at 80 MPH...Duh)

Water was not good... but not quite as bad as I thought it would be.
Basicly, the Redfish action has been very good. My first trip back after being gone 19 days I was able to catch three nice ones but Thursday was the best. I took my brother and I had 8 and he caught 2 (but he did have the biggest at 26 3/4") I did manage to land at least one Redfish every trip.
The trout bite is also pretty good but is sporadic in that one day it will be a nice amount of nice size fish( Thursday my brother and I had over 20 that were almost all nice near top slot size) then a day with only one big girl ( Sunday... only one but she was 26")
and then today about 10 but all barely or sub slot.
Sunday and Monday.... had those flounder.....Good Eats!

I've had to quit before 10 AM each day....heat is brutal even with cloud cover.

DuPont
07-12-2011, 01:45 PM
nice red!! Hoping i see something like that next Thursday!

Indian River Joel
07-13-2011, 09:01 AM
duck, what have you been throwing?

I have had really good luck with TerrorEyz lately

Slough
07-13-2011, 09:56 AM
:beer

duckmanJR
07-13-2011, 02:44 PM
duck, what have you been throwing?

I have had really good luck with TerrorEyz lately

Joel, Same as always...a 3/16 oz plain teardrop lead jig head and a 3" Kokaho minnow....I normally would be useing Queen Kokaho's (4 inch) by now but have had such good luck with the little ones....seem to be easier to set the hook with.
The Mirrolure "soft sardines" work good too...as do the DOA CALS....but I get the Coke-who-oars :) cheaper.

Water is so junk right now I'm throwing Electric chicken or limetruse.

duckmanJR
07-13-2011, 02:47 PM
nice red!! Hoping i see something like that next Thursday!

Did you call my cell last night?....It says I missed a call ....It doesn't ring while on the charger (el-crapo 4 year old phone)

duckmanJR
07-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Rather than start a new post....I'll just add today here. It started slow...just like the past couple mornings with a trout here and there....
I had 7 or 8 with one real nice one and the rest 15-18 inchers so I changed spots and started looking for some Reds. Well, I blew my one shot at a backed out fish....I will say this...If Major league baseball would let me throw gulp crabs....I'd have the meanest curve ball in history....Hall of fame material! Went to where I had my fish yesterday....and as luck would have it....the water was both higher(tide) and way dirtier......fished about half the spot and gave up on it as it was getting worse as I went along. Bounced to a couple places but water was so bad I never even came off plane. Decided one last "do or die" and after a long time of seeing nothing...saw a fish but no go on Gulp crab. The clouds came in so sighting was done and I went back to plastic.... Stayed in the general area and between 10:20 and 11:00 I caught three more trout and 23" and 27 1/2 inch Reds. I have the feeling the a major period today was sometime close to that....

duke6543
07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I enjoy reading your reports, even if you don't always include a photo.

craw_daddy
07-13-2011, 05:51 PM
not trying to derail, but here's a cool site that includes the solunar activity & tides together for Sebastian: http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/florida-east-coast/sebastian-inlet