PDA

View Full Version : PC - No Luck on 7 / 11 !

Sea Hunt
07-12-2011, 08:33 AM
Thought I might get lucky on 7 / 11 - but - no dice ! I first tried locateing any menhaden pods along the beach - - from the pier to the steeple - - but found none. The water temp along the beaches was around 76 o - - - so headed to Pelican Flats - - the forecast said 2 to 3 ft - - - it was very flat and glassy smooth. Once away from the beaches - the water temps kept riseing - - it was mostly 82 to 84 o out by Pelican. We didn't see much in the way of signs of life all day - - except for 2 party boats out there, bottom fishing - - we were alone out there. We trolled ballyhoos - - only had one mystery fish on for 5 minutes or more - - felt like a refrigerator that wouldn't come up - - - we followed it where ever it wanted to go - - I was guessing it was a shark just about when the 40 lb mono snapped - - - and that was it for the day !

Full Throttle
07-12-2011, 07:51 PM
sounds like my last trip out, time to make the switch to spearguns, they always bite that lure!! lol

CaptBlaze
07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
I am just wondering what Millikens was thinking scheduling a trolling tourney at the end of July. King's yeah, but Dolphin and Wahoo? Winners will probably be a schoolie phin and a wee-hoo

Full Throttle
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I asked that same question CaptBlaze and they said that was the best available date??? seems like the rest of june would have been better than the end of july

KPfish
07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Agreed about the tourney date! I wanted go out next week ( my dad finally has time off and wants to go offshore!) but im not even sure its going to be worth it wether im live baiting, bottom dropping or trolling. Im hoping we will get some reports this weekend so I can justify a trip next week. If anyone has any info on the pogies and where some warm water is please let me know!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Kyle Parsons