PDA

View Full Version : Too rough in PCB 7/9/2011

jdubb247
07-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Tried to get out this morning but we were greeted with 4-6' seas outside the pass. Tried again an hour later, but it was still too rough. Did anyone go out today?

Panhandler80
07-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I didn't. Had planned to, but we're still having boat problems.

Dropped new engine in her two weeks ago and spent all pm and into the night getting the engine in line with the shaft. She sat for a week after and I went to brake in engine yesterday and could see a wobble in the shaft. Crap! Packing gland was also way to hot. While she was on the hard I replaced the shaft log and re-packed the gland.

So, gland too hot and an engine out of line = no fishing today. Got everything set up for tomorrow and hopefuly we'll have egnine lined up right by tomorrow. Also took some of the packing out and scrwed the packing nut back on but not quite as far down. We'll see. Maybe we can fish the last weekend of snapper.

lazydawg
07-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I tried too, but it was a bit too sporty for me and my crew too...Ended up chasing spanish and ladyfish all over the bay...Hopefully, this up coming weekend will be better. Gots to get on sum snappa!!