PDA

View Full Version : PC 7/4 - Skunked

BaitBandit
07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Kids are out of town with Granny so I decided to take the wife offshore for her first real trip on the 19' boat I bought a few months ago. Game plan: to have a lazy day off-shore with her laying out while I troll and wanting to show her some of the cool stuff out there - turtles, porpises, maybe a ray/whale/mola, bait pods churning the water, etc.- all the things I talk about but she never sees.

We started off even more lazy than I had planned since we didn't drop the boat in until 10:00. Ran out to 8A and I put 4 lines out, trolled across 8A and got a visual on a tail breaking the water - looked like a sail but not certain. After 30 min. of trolling and nothing, picked up and ran to the north end of Pelican and put the lines out - trolled there for a while and got nothing. Expected a spotted wahoo at a minimum and was hoping for a snake king but it wasn't in the cards today. At 3:00 we ran in to get the boat cleaned up so we could have some quality time at home (read no kids) together on the holiday.

Wasn't one of my normal fishing trips so it's hard to call it skunked but it is what it is - I had lines in and no fish at the end of the day. I did, however, have a great day with my wife and she enjoyed the trip so that part of the plan turned out as I hoped.

gerrys
07-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Hope you didn't get skunked when you got to the house!