PDA

View Full Version : Days 4 & 5 PCB

tprice
07-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Pretty much the same on day 4,we put lines in right outside the rocks where the bottom drops off and before we had all 3 lines out one reel goes to screaming. Nice king. We kept this up most of the afternoon and ended up keeping 3 and letting the rest go.

Went back today for early am trip, all the others have been late am and fishing till about 4pm. Trolled same spots today but for some reason could not keep a fish on, kept loosing them all day but the ones we did boat were small, less than 30" and several I am sure would not have been legal but we were throwing everything back today.

Just before we quit had a reel scream and thought we had a nice big king but ended up being a 11lb bonita which was blast for the angler.

That ended our trip for the year to PCB, taking boat out early am and got long trip home.

Not bad for first fishing trip to PCB and kings were a blast, would love to have gone out deeper for ARS but we were content playing with kings all week.

Family also loved the trip to Shell Island and we did not show video of shark at Shell Island until we got back. The look on her face was priceless

Thanks to all the nice folks at Bay Point Marina and Half Hitch Tackle, all were very helpful and I could have MELTED A CC. Man I love that place

Hope to make the trip back again next year

Beck
07-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip and caught some King fish. Its always hard to go back home.

Split Shot
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time! :beer