PDA

View Full Version : Bait in the Bay!

crcattypc
03-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Went for a quick sunset trip yesterday after work... Right as the sun was setting, the bait was thick in between redfish point and the city marina all the way down to the Yacht club... Not glass minnows either! Must have been pilchards (alewives or whatever)... they were definitely nice sized baits. It was nice to see them again!

donald811
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
Good deal, has the spaniards showed up yet?

crcattypc
03-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Never left this year... all along Tyndall golf course side facing west

Panhandler80
03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, lots and lots of bait stayed in the bay this year. Since late January Brian has been seeing adult menhaden on the suface over by his house. If they are of any size in January, they HAVE to be at least 2 years old, possibly three. Means we'll have lots of MONSTER bait to go net this summer for the freezer.

WX permitting, I'm going to run the beach on Sunday and look for a ling. Rumor has it two were spotted off the island two weeks ago. If there are any out there, we can count on them not being very hungry. If I go, I'm going to make sure to have some frisky finned fish of some sort, and I'll probably leave most of the jigs at home.

crcattypc
03-09-2012, 01:54 PM
You gona be alive Sunday after the cocktail buffet? When I heard the party was a cocktail buffet, I had a vision of being on a buffet line filled with cocktails! We will need some fried chicken for Sunday to combat the hangovers

Panhandler80
03-09-2012, 01:57 PM
If I was able to survive the events from last Saturday night, I should be fine this Sunday. Going to be PLENTY of supervision this weekend.

Have not checked the wx yet for Sunday. If it's nice, I'm definitely going.

crcattypc
03-09-2012, 02:03 PM
East at 20...might be a blowout

Panhandler80
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
eh... not so good.

May go do a little bit of turkey scouting, then.