PDA

View Full Version : windy weekend

crcattypc
03-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Well things are warming up, and just as the h20 hit 67, we got a cold front that dropped it back down to 65. The wife was out of town for the weekend, so I had fishing on my mind come hell or windy water! Saturday, Pete and I decided that if we got out early enough, we could beat the storms. (We were joking ourselves but did it anyway with nothing to show for our efforts. Pulled the boat from the water at about 10:30 before the deluge started.
Sunday, knew it was going to be cold in the am so I slept in until 8, and then took my time getting the boat in. Picked up Mike at Bay Point Marina and we went to a secret spot :) :) (If you know you dont have to ask, if your have to ask, you'll never know) Anyhow, the wind was still blowing but we found a little pocket to fish from which was protected. Started out with a very nice 25 inch redfish. Lost several nice fish and boated several sheepies. (no monsters) Ended up running out of shrimp and hooks so had to go back to HH and re-supply. Came back out and it was still happening... several more redfish and sheepies. Two or three overslot reds and another keeper at 27 inches.

I know, this thread is worthless without pics, but we just didn't have the motivation to take pictures of mediocre fish? Anyhow, here's hoping the winds lie down for next weekend and it stays warm enough for the water to keep climbing so we can start diving again!

Happy week to you all!

addicted2reelin
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Dude thanks for your report :thumbsup , the sheepies have been slow around the rocks for sure for me.