PDA

View Full Version : Family in town from Indiana, Whats biting off Sebastian?

goindeep
06-27-2011, 12:25 PM
My uncle and cousins are in town from Indiana all this week and I have promised to take them offshore. I was hoping to get some dolphin but it seems like that bits has slowed down significantly. What would be my best bet for them to get some offshore action? Is there bait that can be sabiki'ed off of SI right now or will I need to go to Bethel or SISA? I havent been offshore in a while so thanks for the assistance.

des1802
06-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Black sea bass are thick for the bottom. Nice size as well. Near shore bite for tarpon and kings may produce. Look for the pogies. Just got to go to know. Watch out for those afternoon storms they can get real nasty.

Final Point
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
There are pogies everywhere right now. If the seas cooperate head out the inlet and down the beach. One throw of the net should fill your livewell. Then cruise the beach until you see bait getting harrassed(ie... tarpon rolling, bait showering, explosions, etc). Either set up to drift some livies around the bait pods or you can nose hook some baits and bump troll them around the outskirts of the schools. Either way, you should have some fun.

Out a little deeper there a TON of nice sized seabass, with some grouper and mangos mixed in as well in the 60' stuff NE out of the inlet in the Grant Pines area. Use some cut bait or squid on a chicken rig for the seabass, and try big live baits for the grouper so that hopefully the seabass will leave it alone.

Those afternoon storms have been a little nasty so make sure you keep an eye on the weather.

Have fun and catch a bunch of fish!!

goindeep
06-28-2011, 09:07 AM
thanks!