PDA

View Full Version : Bay County 6 point... 1/14/2012

Panhandler80
01-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, somebody mentioned the fact that forum members could hear a cricket fart around this place, so I'll post something up. Of course nobody around here is fishing (at least not anybody that likes to bottom fish, so for the Panhandle, this keeps things pretty freakin' quiet), but a few of us are making out way out to the woods every now and then.

I hunted a private 40 acre piece all day yesterday and in 8 years of hunting out there, yesterday I saw the highest number of deer yet. 10 to be exact. A small buck, a buck on the move that I was not able to size or evcen shoot if I wanted to, and eight does. Deer number 11 had to go down.

He's no monster, but I"m proud of him. Below is him and all 115 or so pounds of his glory. Young deer, but when you have a chance to shoot one that's at least euro mount quality, it's hard to say no at 3:00cst when you've been up since 2:30am. Here's the pic (below) and here's a link with all the details. http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?34769-Most-action-I-ve-ever-seen-on-my-40...-and-a-kill . For you hunters out there, be sure to visit the hunting section. It is very much active and the folks over there are pretty easy to get along with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Panhandler80/young6.jpg

donald811
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Thats a good deal rite there PH, do you process them yourself?

Panhandler80
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
I usually do.

I dropped this guy off at processor, though. When I do them I keep a few roasts (slice them thin and cube steak later after frozen for venison parm, fried, tomato onion over rice, etc, or cube them for stews / chilli) and then I grind the rest up. This guy was a little bit stinky, and I dropped him off to have pork fat and seasonings added. He'll be made into all pan sausage.

I usually drop off my first deer of the season for stuffed sausage, and then at the end of the year if I'm out, I'll drop off the last deer. If freezer is still full, i'll do the last deer myself.

crcattypc
01-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Yo pan, backstrap/deer lion and lobster at my house??? :):) Nice

addicted2reelin
01-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Dude great Bay County buck for sure.:thumbsup

Toxic
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Yea man, congrats on the buck

diverrite
02-13-2012, 07:23 PM
There's been a big buck in St. Andrews state park, Mr. Surfs had pictures up of it.

stingwray
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
That buck looks about the same size deer that ran into my truck three years ago near 231 with boat in tow on a trip down to go fishing. btw nice deer pan

Triple Threat 33T
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Thats a beautiful animal Blair! Tight work!

Hey when are you gonna start fishin again, we need some fishin reports. Lol

Panhandler80
02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Once they'll let us keep something!

Actually I'll be working on the boat tomorrow, Sunday I'll be in the woods for the last day of rifle season, next weekend will be muzzle loader, and then we'll be on the water hopefully catching something.

I know the sheepshead are already stacking up a little bit at the jetties. Won't be long before we're on the water most Saturdays.

Also doing a tuna trip in late April, so hopefully we'll have something good to post after that. I imagine we will as long as the weather cooperates.

Triple Threat 33T
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Once they'll let us keep something!

Actually I'll be working on the boat tomorrow, Sunday I'll be in the woods for the last day of rifle season, next weekend will be muzzle loader, and then we'll be on the water hopefully catching something.

I know the sheepshead are already stacking up a little bit at the jetties. Won't be long before we're on the water most Saturdays.

Also doing a tuna trip in late April, so hopefully we'll have something good to post after that. I imagine we will as long as the weather cooperates.

Sheepshead are a blast on light tackle and they're damn good to eat too.

Can't wait to see some Tuna reports.