PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find some numbers?

MarkPCB
06-19-2011, 06:36 PM
We launch out of PC a lot and normally end up fishing in about 100 feet of water because we don't have any numbers for deeper water. Is there anywhere I can find numbers for some deeper water or is there somewhere out there with some good natural bottom? I'm headed down next weekend and hoping the weather will allow us to get out there!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

PennFish
06-19-2011, 08:46 PM
FWC's site carry all the public #'s, may be this will help. Some of the local Hot Spot maps or the FS maps/charts have numbers also.
http://myfwc.com/conservation/saltwater/artificial-reefs/locate-reefs/

Wolfpack09
06-19-2011, 10:33 PM
I reccomend getting a copy of Cpt. Sandy Ware's book "The Fisherman and Divers DGPS & LORAN-C Book (Book#3)". It has most of the publically available numbers and alot of his numbers from his years as a charter captain out of PC. It is really good and well organized. You can also get the "Half Hitch" map for PC. I am new to the area and only have these 2 references at the moment and I have been doing fairly well.

tprice
06-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I reccomend getting a copy of Cpt. Sandy Ware's book "The Fisherman and Divers DGPS & LORAN-C Book (Book#3)". It has most of the publically available numbers and alot of his numbers from his years as a charter captain out of PC. It is really good and well organized. You can also get the "Half Hitch" map for PC. I am new to the area and only have these 2 references at the moment and I have been doing fairly well.

Thanks from me as well, headed down this week for fishing and vacation, have heard nothing but good things about Half Hitch

FLCoyote
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
If you head West about 15 miles, staying in 80 to 90 feet of water you will start hitting a lot of natural bottom. From the end of highway 279 (you can see it from four to five miles out) to Pinnicle Post condominiums is excellent hard bottom and holds a lot of big snapper and red grouper. Very few gags which is great because they're closed. You may also catch some large Banded Rudder fish. Most people end up throwing them back thinking they are Amberjack. The FWC often can't tell the difference so if you plan to keep them carry pictures and discriptions. The real tip off is the top tail lobe is white and they are very silvery. They are excellent eating and I think the slot size is 14 to 22 inches with a limit of five. I never catch more than one of two.

FLCoyote

Beck
06-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I am trying to build my numbers around the area too. One resource I have found is Bluewater super map at Florida-offshore.com.

Here are most of the public no's.: http://www.halfhitch.com/GPS.asp?StoreLoc=PC

Its not the most user friendly, but I have pulled a few points off of it......there are 100s of points for Florida. While you are there, check out reefcast for great wave forecasts. Its much more accurate than NOAA.

Likewise, I hope to be headed down next week for some fishing too.

Panhandler80
06-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks from me as well, headed down this week for fishing and vacation, have heard nothing but good things about Half Hitch

Seeing as they are now the only legitimate recreational tackle shop in the area, let's hope they keep it up! I live in town and the best selection of gear for me is freakin' Sports Authority. Anything out of the ordinary requires a trip to the beach.