PDA

View Full Version : panama city beach fl ICW monster red

Jeepchief
11-07-2011, 11:15 PM
i put in the other day around 12 under 79 with a live well full of shrimp and a bunch of frozen shad about 8 in long, i caught the day before at lake powell under the bridge. i caught a bunch of small red and small trout on shrimp. i started chumming with the shad and hooked into this red fish it was 38 inchs and weighed 18 pounds it was all messed up from either a boat or a shark or something it was a good fish and i released him shortly after snapping some pictures.96889689

crcattypc
11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
something had a hold of him! Probably flipper

Panhandler80
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
My first thought was flipper too. That's sure what the marks look like. I don't think a shark would have gotten that much of him and not sealed the deal.

I also wonder if maybe flipper didn't grab that fish while somebody else was fighting him. Looks like a pretty large fish for a dolphin to go after... flipper must have been pretty hungry to spend that much engery on a fish that large when there's so much other easier pickin's for him.

Beck
11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Sweet fish.....thanks for posting up!

jumboshrimp
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Nice catch! definitely looks like a dolphin got to him.

kearnmicheal
12-09-2011, 09:59 PM
flipper doesnt care how big a fish is i worked on the gemini queen all summer and anything attached to a hook flipper wants ive seen them go after 20 pound red grouper that are the size of the 8 year old catching it, ive even seen them go after 40 pound cobia, when the fish is disabled its flippers food:hungry