PDA

View Full Version : 2150 Trim Tabs

juztaylor
06-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Guys

Just wondering how important trim tabs are on the 2150. I am looking at buying a demo model without tabs and trying to figure out whether or not I need to factor these into the price.

Will be running up to 20 miles offshore in typical SoCal type seas.

Thanks
Justin

Bottom Lines
06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
I own a 2150 and can not imagine trying to run it without tabs. The boat will try to porpoise without them in anything but a flat sea, and there is only so much you can do with the engine trim. Do yourself a favor and invest in the tabs.

juztaylor
06-19-2011, 04:12 AM
I own a 2150 and can not imagine trying to run it without tabs. The boat will try to porpoise without them in anything but a flat sea, and there is only so much you can do with the engine trim. Do yourself a favor and invest in the tabs.

Thanks for the tip. i think i will go for the Lenco set up. What size though??

Element
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Trim tabs is ALWAYS better than no trim tabs. I prefer Bennett but Lenco is fine too. Whichever way you go, your best bet would be to call their customer service line/factory and ask them what your best size options are for your boat. Bennetts customer service is first rate from personal experience, but I've heard good things on Lenco too so just give one a call

Bennett is hydrolic, with through hull installation (drilling holes in transom). Lenco is electronic without thru hull installation.

fyrsout79
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Contact Paul at Bluewater and ask his advice for correct size of the trim tabs. He will help with any and all questions.
(772) 464-3735.

Kevinwwings2
07-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I have Lenco's on my 2350, and can't imagine running the boat without tabs. I only wish I had bigger tabs. With any Deep V hull you for sure want tabs. If the boat is the least out of balance you will need them to get it back level. This is true on any boat but more pronounced with a high deadrise hull like a BW.

treybig23
07-31-2011, 02:18 PM
My trimtabs finally met their maker on my 2550. Put the Lenco HD's on and they are nice. Barely touch the switch and boats level in no time.