PDA

View Full Version : Bay fishing 10/15... Panama City... late report (or lack thereof)

Panhandler80
10-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Been kind of slow around here, so I figured I'd post what little I've got...

On 10/15 we decided to do some trout fishing on the flats before deer season opened and before it gets cold and they move into the creeks. We got the boat floating in the dark and step one was to net some menhaden.

We found the menhaden, huge ones, though. Like 8-10. I usually say that your baits can't bee too big, but these probably were. I knew the tide was going to be terrible for an am hunt, and it was. We got situated on my go-to grass flat and it was pretty much low tide with no movement. We had three folks fishing. I caught the only two trout. A 23" fish and a 17.5" fish. They both came on the two smallest baits I could find in the livewell.

After about an hour of that, it was obvious that we weren't going to just tear the trout up. So we decided to go to go mess around right near the pass and maybe play with spanish / kings / reds / ladyfish / hopefully some flounder and whatever else.

Anchored up on a little piece of structure just barely in the gulf and released a couple bull reds. We also boxed two two keeper triggers, and a keeper grouper. Also had some spanish or ladyfish or bluefish clip a few lines on the bottom.

Was pretty much a boat ride with some rods on board. Nothing wrong with that every now and then though... I guess. Hopefully we'll get one more actual trip in before grouper closes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Panhandler80/bayfishing.jpg

Split Shot
10-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I would have loved to have done that this weekend.

:(

Good work BTW

What boat were you running? I believe I was out there that day off the jetties.

Panhandler80
10-31-2011, 10:46 AM
22 century bay boat