PDA

View Full Version : flounder are chewin

indamarsh
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
it's that time of year!

the 23" makes the 2 19" fish look small!

reel stamas
10-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Nice 'doormat'

Sea-Lie'n
10-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Saweeeet... best eatin' fish there is!

Split Shot
10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Saweeeet... best eatin' fish there is!

Why, because it taste just like a fried freshwater brim? ;)

Nice fish! Were they caught inside or outside.

addicted2reelin
10-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Cool

Sea-Lie'n
10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Why, because it taste just like a fried freshwater brim? ;)

My hat has a "brim" and my pond has bream and I don't eat either, so I'll have to take your word for it. ;)

Split Shot
10-23-2011, 08:27 PM
My hat has a "brim" and my pond has bream and I don't eat either, so I'll have to take your word for it. ;)

bream ;)

Reason being we had gone to a fish fry and they were frying the small flounder whole. Tasted damn good! I might start keeping some smaller ones for that! :thumbsup

I miss having river fish.

Panhandler80
10-24-2011, 10:56 AM
frying the small flounder whole. Tasted damn good! I might start keeping some smaller ones for that! :thumbsup

It's called a Personal Pan Flounder. Beats anyting Pizza Hut has... that's for sure. I've always kept barely legal ones just for that purpose. Helps to cut the skin in a few places so that the fish will accept some more breading (crispy crispy) and it lets some of the moisture out.

NOW... how about some details about the flounder. Like where! ;)

I am a pretty terrrible flounder fisherman. Years ago we got into them real thick on some inshore structure. We did that two or three times that year, but I've never been able to duplicate. I'd like to get better at it.

As far as bream VS brim and neither tasting good... I don' know about all of that. A big ol bream out of some moving clean water is about as good as it gets, and yes... it does taste just like a flounder; EXCELLENT!

Nice flatties!

Red Fish
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
A big ol bream out of some moving clean water is about as good as it gets, and yes... it does taste just like a flounder; EXCELLENT!

Nice flatties!

You take the moving water portion out of that, and its like eating a mud sandwich. HAHA

And nice door mat. Its deer season now. Going to be tough to get me out after the fish. Maybe hit the night bite.

Panhandler80
10-24-2011, 05:23 PM
You take the moving water portion out of that, and its like eating a mud sandwich. HAHA

And nice door mat. Its deer season now. Going to be tough to get me out after the fish. Maybe hit the night bite.

Doormat nothing... that's a dang carpet.

I sat yesterday afternoon for the first time... Tons of deer sign at my stand and very little bear sign going in. Positive.

I got to the stand and still tons of deer sign, but it all looked at least a day old. Still better than steaming bear poo! Got situated and according to the camera, the earliest a deer has ever been there in the PM is with like 3 mintues of shoot time left. So, I'm sitting there at 4:30 or so just day dreaming and figured I'd take a leak. I stood up just like you would get off the couch in your living room. When I did all I saw off to my left was a white tuft of hair go bouncing through the pines. Pissed the deer off, too. It stopped out of sight and pounded the ground, then blew a couple time. Dang it! Nice COMPLETE rookie move.

Heard something deer-like at dark, but that was it.

No idea what kind of deer it was that I scared off. Never got a good look at it. There's a good chance it was about to bust me anyway the way the wind was. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if it had already caught a whiff of something and then I added a visual. May never see that booger again. Good news is that it was solo. I just hope it wasn't a good one.

Night time fishing... I'm with you on that. Between social obligations and hunting, I don't get much fishing in once this time of year rolls around. However, I do have a fairly close spot out there that is currently covered in big ol' black snapper. Goal is to go stomp them sometime after work next week.

Sea-Lie'n
10-24-2011, 08:02 PM
As far as bream VS brim and neither tasting good... I don' know about all of that.

Who said brim/bream don't taste good? They're the best tasting fish that swims IMO, but I refuse to eat my hat "brim" or pick bones out of pond "bream"

Beck
10-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Sweet! Those are some nice fish and good eating too!