PDA

View Full Version : 6/12 Melb Beach Flats and while the site was down



Ryanc
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
It feels like forever since I last posted a report. But Ive beeen slackin a little bit on my fishing anyways and it really has seemed to be hit or miss as of late for me. Ive been out mornings and evenings where between a friend and I we have got 20+ trout and others Ive been skunked or just got a few.

The first pic is from right around when the site went down. I swear that one on the left measures LOL. I wasnt gonna keep it because I didnt feel like bringing the measuring stick out of the backpack, but he wasnt doin so good so I measured and he made the mark :p I got these 2 keepers as well as about 12+ small fish around Malabar on mostly CALs.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2194.jpg

And this little guy tried eatng a top water that was 3/4 his size lol
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2211.jpg

And then a few weeks ago me and a buddy went wading Melbourne Beach area (morning) and caught I think 7 keepers plus some shorties and pics are below of the ones we kept. My buddy caught the big one, ~20", on top water and the others were on CALs and Gulps I think.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2214.jpg

And I forgot my bucket so my friend lent me a make shift cooler... It was only a 4 pack
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2215.jpg

Then yesterday, 6/12, a friend and I waded Melb Beach area around 6pm. It started out nice and then the wind picked way up and changed directions and we had like 2 foot waves hitting us! My buddy got 2 short trout and a ladyfish on CALs. And the only fish I got was this 20.5" trout. He was a bit of a fatty and he attacked my pink Paul Brown. Those lures sure seem to bring out the better quality fish!
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2216.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/unctarheel216/DSCF2217.jpg

And you may have noticed the beard and hair is gone :p I had my interview with FWC last week so wish me luck there!

duckmanJR
06-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Not surprizing that the little trout took a shot at it......Some info you might find interesting.

First, a trout capture prey by lunging and grasping it with those two prominent canine teath.

They are able to ingest a fish one third their own body length.

85% of an average(14 inch) trouts diet is finfish with crabs and shrimp the remaining 15%

Of the finfish...50% is mullet 30% is pinfish/pigfish 10% needlefish and the remainder can be silversides/menhaden or...other trout!

PS....Good luck with the job.....They will pay you just under starvation wages ( get a wife that has a real income) :S ....but it is a great job for a guy who likes the outdoors!

Ryanc
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Very interesting info on the trout feeding habits!

Im definately not getting into FWC for the money so Ill be in the market for a sugar momma, anyone got one for me? lol

Indian River Joel
06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
No snook? They have been hitting that area pretty heavily recently. (Skip DOA shrimp underneath the docks ;) )

Ryanc
06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
No snook for me :( its been ALL trout lately. Ill have to try the DOA skrimps... Morning, evening or in the heat of the day?

Indian River Joel
06-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I seem to be getting most of my snook in the evenings

Capt. Kevin Brotz
06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Good Luck with FWC!! Nothing beats making your living on the water, do what you love and forget about the crap you'll have to deal with along the way, it's worth it if you truly enjoy it!!

Ryanc
06-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Good Luck with FWC!! Nothing beats making your living on the water, do what you love and forget about the crap you'll have to deal with along the way, it's worth it if you truly enjoy it!!

Thanks! Thats the way Im looking at it. I just wish there wasnt so much waiting around, because it took 8 months for me to even get the interview! But it will all be worth it, and I guess Ill know before October since thats when they are starting the academy!