PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian inshore

duckmanJR
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
The river is looking real dirty......
Yesterday, I ran north of the inlet and the wind was an issue. Never really saw alot of bait but kept poking around and decided to try a couple spots anyway. I got lucky and found some trout on a windy point and picked them off on the limetruese jig. So, I thought fishing was pretty tough catching about 12-14 trout with only 3 or 4 that were slot....jumped off one Snook about 20"-22".....
Today, I start in Sebastian and the water is beyond bad....plenty of bait in it though but I manage only one small trout very early and at an hour and a half into the day its still just that one. I try two more spots as I head towards the inlet but nothing doing. At this point, I'm thinking about bass fishing in the AM tomorrow.
I run outside the inlet...no bait...or birds...just surfers stacked up on monster hole with waves " goin' off "
I head back in and as an act of desperation...look at the trout spot from yesterday just to try and get a fish.....It's 5 minutes after 9 now but from then till 2 minutes till 10...I catch 7 trout...two of which would be over slots plus a little rat Red about 15" and one nice one at 24".....all on the limetruese jig... along one drop off. I was close to giving up today...but I'm glad I decided to try one last spot...it was the sugar!

angler18
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
way to stay with it Joe, and you got rewarded with a few overs and a nice red to top it off.

Tainted Waters
09-08-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't know if it's these Hurricanes off shore messing with the rivers clarity or what, but the fishing has definitely changed these last few weeks. You saw my report about catching multiple Reds off the beach as well as hooking a mullet on shrimp, mullet pods running up and down the beach getting torn up by Tarpon. Someone I know from school is a surfer and mentioned that earlier today (yesterday, technically) there were Tarpon right in near the beach tearing up huge schools of mullet. So much, that he put his feet up on his board and waited the school out for fear of getting bit by something.

I don't know about everyone else, but I haven't seen that much mullet/tarpon/fish in general this summer on the shoreline or at the inlet. Maybe it's just me, but these last few weeks have made for some killer periodic bites.

duckmanJR
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't know if it's these Hurricanes off shore messing with the rivers clarity or what, but the fishing has definitely changed these last few weeks.

Not the hurricanes....but the wind gradient between a Low (hurricane) and a high oressure system make brisk wind that keeps things stirred up.
The other issue this time of year is rain....inland. Water falling in western I.R. county and south Brevard while "technicly" is not dumped...or as the USJWMD says " discharged to tide" .....the water control structures have a set height and a big rain like we've been having almost daily will let alot of turbid, tanin, sweet water out of the Upper St.Johns....this will move alot of fish off their traditional spots.