PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Inlet, South Side Reds

Surf Kayaker
09-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Fished the beach on the south side of the inlet between 8:30 and 12:00pm. Late start, but the fishing was hot for the first 1.5 hours or so. Tarpon were rolling right in the surf and there were tons of mullet close in. My son and I ended up with two keepers, one 21" and the other 26", threw back another two, one around 24" and the other 33". Tide was out going and the water wasn't too dirty. Best day ever at the inlet for us, but we normally don't go there. Day before we went fished Bonsteel and did ok there. Three reds with one keeper and numerous undersized pomps. 4946

Docked Wages
09-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Sounds like a productive day, congrats.

Panfishangler1
09-06-2011, 07:26 AM
White fillets for the frying pan! Good report, read your son's report up top in the listings. Way2 get out there back-to-back days. Good bonding time !!:Rockon

Tainted Waters
09-07-2011, 12:55 AM
White fillets for the frying pan! Good report, read your son's report up top in the listings. Way2 get out there back-to-back days. Good bonding time !!:Rockon

Any good recipes for Redfish? We haven't had a keeper Redfish in years. We've been a bit undecided on how to cook them up (we normally attempt to beer batter the fish we catch, but they don't usually cook well that way. They certainly don't come out like English Fish & Chips)

Also, my dad and I fish just about every weekend together. With the exception of a couple of years, we've been fishing nearly every weekend since I was old enough to fish, yet we rarely catch enough to post a report.

angler18
09-07-2011, 04:45 PM
nice reds, congrats!