PDA

View Full Version : StingWray is " ALL JACKED- UP" PCB

stingwray
09-01-2011, 08:47 PM
The AJs are chewin' fish any high relief inshore or offshore with big baits and get you sum... The gulf was slick over the weekend and today it did get a little sporty and its not looking good for the weekend. It should lay down after this weekend so go catch "em up.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/stingwray123/ajtripon8-30-2011stingwray.jpg

Spineyman
09-01-2011, 08:57 PM
You caught them on the bridge rubble huh?

stingwray
09-02-2011, 03:47 PM
You caught them on the bridge rubble huh?

No, they were caught on what is known as the US19 sting humps.:grin

Spineyman
09-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I was thinking Backbrake ridge...:rotflmao:fishing

stingwray
09-02-2011, 04:19 PM
:Agree

reel stamas
09-03-2011, 04:09 PM
You guys can have 'em... Now if you can find me some nice Almacos ;) that'll get me excited. AJs just hurt my back & I'd about as soon eat a kingfish...

Spineyman
09-03-2011, 04:20 PM
You guys can have 'em... Now if you can find me some nice Almacos ;) that'll get me excited. AJs just hurt my back & I'd about as soon eat a kingfish...

Yuk, have you lost your mind? We catch Almacos over here all the time...

reel stamas
09-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Yuk, have you lost your mind? We catch Almacos over here all the time...
Then you need to try them... Put a fillet side by side. The Almaco is pure white & the AJ is yellow. Almacos are delicious... AJs suck...

Spineyman
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I eat Almacos all the time. They are firmer and sweeter I do understand that but Kingfish??? that is what I can't fathom. The only thing kings are good for are dip and grouper bait. I also like a good chargrilled Aj fillet too.

reel stamas
09-04-2011, 11:45 AM
I eat Almacos all the time. They are firmer and sweeter I do understand that but Kingfish??? that is what I can't fathom. The only thing kings are good for are dip and grouper bait. I also like a good chargrilled Aj fillet too.
I here you & I agree... I was just exaggerating to make a point. I will say that I've had some good Kingfish before (fried & grilled), but usually it sucks. We never keep Ajs, but I have had good chargrilled Aj in the past... A friend just brought me some Hogfish from the Tortugas & Oh Man, was it good. Sort of a cross between Scamp & Trigger...

stingwray
09-05-2011, 05:52 PM
You guys can have 'em...AJs just hurt my back & I'd about as soon eat a kingfish...
Really i don't fish for kingfish except when fishing a tourney which i don't fish many. But do catch a few now and then when offshore bottom fishing. I will trade you my by catch kings for your by catch AJ's any time. As for AJ's most people that don't get to fish offshore with me much want a fish that will stretch their line and the AJ does a good job of that. None of them complain to me about their fish dinner after we return home so i guess they like them. And yes they will hurt your back.

reel stamas
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
For the record I don't like to eat either of them, but I've got no problem w/those that like them. I actually enjoy catching almost everything, but after ~1 BIG AJ on heavy gear w/the drag locked down, I'm ready to move to another spot ;)

stingwray
09-05-2011, 10:24 PM
For the record I don't like to eat either of them
I am happy that those that fish with me are not picky as you are about the fish they eat. They are willing to catch and eat what ever is in season so they can take them home for a fresh fish dinner.:)

reel stamas
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
I am happy that those that fish with me are not picky as you are about the fish they eat. They are willing to catch and eat what ever is in season so they can take them home for a fresh fish dinner.:)
Yea, I give away the Kings & AJs too ;)

addicted2reelin
09-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice cooler of AJ please send of your fish you don't want to eat.