PDA

View Full Version : Mullet Run Report

Deviled Crab
08-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi everyone...I need some info please. I was planning on camping at SI campground next weekend but haven't heard anyone talking about the mullet running...Does anyone have a report? I'm looking to get into some snook but don't want to come down until the mullet get thick.
Thanks for any info. :)

Final Point
08-31-2011, 11:20 PM
Mullet are definetely out there...although not quite the height of the run yet. I went out to check a few bait spots for this weekend and had no problem finding mullet everywhere. The huge pods that move up and down the beach aren't as thick yet. That being said, there has been plenty of catch and release Reds and some really nice snook at the inlet the week before that storm hit. Should be primed to go off!

olebob
09-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Large finger mullet were thick at CNS North on Tues 8-30. Every wave was full and they were all around my feet in the shallows.

Coolweiser
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
The run is in FULL effect here @ PC!

antlr-king
09-01-2011, 02:57 PM
port canaveral nice finger mullet every where.

Final Point
09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Went out last night to do a midnight raid on some opening day snook and the mullet run has def improved since the storm. There was an abundance of bait, but the fishing was pretty intense. Got 2 of our 4 with 1 over and 1 under. We also added a twin set of 34" reds and jumped a tarpon. The hot bait for the night was a pigfish with pins coming in second. We never got to fish the outgoing, but the bite seemed to be picking up right about the time of the shift. The next several days are going to be a primarily outgoing tide(until quite late) so the fishing should be even better(I always like fishing the outgoing better).

Deviled Crab
09-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks for all the great info! Y'all are going to make a couple of "old men" I mean young men happy! Looking forward to making our way down.

PONCE
09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Nice info on the mullet, post up a follow when the big mullet are thick :Rockon