PDA

View Full Version : Rude people replaced by fishing god!

Mangrove Fisherman
08-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Went out early to first stop. guy was there castneting bait. No problem, waited for him to leave, anchored about 10 yards away and waited for the fish to calm down. Got the lines in...same guys friend shows up and begins to throw his net not 10 yards from us.Might note they were netting the bait the fish follow into the flat, just kinda got to me that since I waited and started fishing that someone whold just ignor my fishing and cast net....anyways...up with anchor and moved on.

Stop 2, not much going on. Stop 3, drop anchor, get set up tell wife, "lets have some fishing fun now"! Floating our bobbers about 2 feet from mangroves and about at the same time they begin to move...OH YEA!!!! 2-20 reds...next cast...1 red, 1 trout both keepers. we continued to catch and release for about 2 hours...nice sheepheads too! Ran out of bait, but what a nice day!!

Rude people... we dont let them spoil our day on the water!!

Aft_Backwards
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Went out early to first stop. guy was there castneting bait. No problem, waited for him to leave, anchored about 10 yards away and waited for the fish to calm down. Got the lines in...same guys friend shows up and begins to throw his net not 10 yards from us.Might note they were netting the bait the fish follow into the flat, just kinda got to me that since I waited and started fishing that someone whold just ignor my fishing and cast net....anyways...up with anchor and moved on.

Stop 2, not much going on. Stop 3, drop anchor, get set up tell wife, "lets have some fishing fun now"! Floating our bobbers about 2 feet from mangroves and about at the same time they begin to move...OH YEA!!!! 2-20 reds...next cast...1 red, 1 trout both keepers. we continued to catch and release for about 2 hours...nice sheepheads too! Ran out of bait, but what a nice day!!

Rude people... we dont let them spoil our day on the water!!

Congrats on your day! Karma will someday soon hoist them up by the short hairs. Good you took the high road.

Hopittyhop
08-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Congrats on your day! Karma will someday soon hoist them up by the short hairs. Good you took the high road.

Kept your cool and got rewarded = P

KPfish
08-31-2011, 09:10 AM
I was headed back to shore from wading goat creek last week when I had the chance to be the rude guy to someone netting bait back at shore. Instead of just plowing through the bait schools I waited a few mins till he had already had a good amount of bait and slowly walked back pushing the mullet school towards him and letting him know they were coming his way. By the time I got back to shore he had plenty of bait from the pods I helped push his way and everyone was a winner in that situation!
Sorry about your luck but patients does eventually payoff!

Panfishangler1
08-31-2011, 11:15 AM
YOu gotta Love it!! Sheepshead are the best!! were they schooling? good sizes? Well done on the Report!

Mangrove Fisherman
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Big Fat sandwich size.......dont think they were schooling, caught like 3 or 4 probaby 10 to 12 inches each. That spot has been productive for a good many years after the water comes up! Soon, the bigger reds will appear there. Was wondering where the snook were..not a one!

Lobstercatcher229
08-31-2011, 05:38 PM
cool that your patience paid off