PDA

View Full Version : For sale: brand new Otterbox Defender case for iPhone 4 (AT&T)

spinfreak
08-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I just got a brand new replacement Otterbox (under warranty) due to having a problem with my current Otterbox. I'm ordering a different brand of case, so I'm selling this brand new Otterbox to recoup some if the cost of my new case.

I can provide pics if needed, but if you're buying an Otterbox, you probably already know what they look like. It's still in the factory box.

Retail is $49.99, plus tax and shipping. I'm looking to get $40, and shipping is on me. If you're nearby (anywhere between Fort Lauderdale and West Palm), we can meet up and I'll knock 5 bucks off the price, so $35.

And if you'd like, you can even have my old Otterbox if you want it. Still function like it's supposed to...only problem is that the area of the silicone case near the home button is a bit "saggy".

spinfreak
08-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok...$35 shipped, or $30 if we meet up. Anybody?

spinfreak
09-03-2011, 08:47 AM
Offers? Trades?

Anonymous2
09-03-2011, 11:59 AM
These things have a warranty? The actual box on the phone where it clips in the holster snapped off one side all of the sudden. Now I have to flip it the other way.

spinfreak
09-03-2011, 12:11 PM
That's weird. I'm not sure if that'd be covered under warranty or not, but it's worth a try to contact them. I've had 2 Otterboxes replaced under warranty by them. I don't know if it's just the design of their iPhone4 case, or if their quality has gone downhill, but I just don't like their iPhone4 case. I had oe of their iPhone 3GS cases (before I got the 4), and I e got an Otterbox on my iPad, and they were/are great. I'm going to try a different case for the iPhone4 and see how it goes

Anonymous2
09-03-2011, 12:15 PM
What is the new one called, I'd like to check it out. It seems like you've done some homework on it.

spinfreak
09-03-2011, 12:26 PM
It's called LifeProof. Before this case came out, there wasn't really any alternatives to the Otterbox Defender cases. The LifeProof cases are supposed to even be waterproof down to 6 ft, besides being shockproof from a 6ft high drop, and completely dustproof. I've read a lot about them and watched quite a few videos about them, and although a couple of people have had issues with them, they seem to have worked their kinks out since they came out a few months back.

http://www.lifeproof.com/lifeproof-store/apple-cases/iphone-4

Anonymous2
09-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Man I love technology! The only cons about the otterbox have been water and dust. I'm a metal fabricator and the grinding and sanding dust gets behind the screen protector and in the other openings. So I'm definitely going to look at this one! Thanks for the help, hope you can unload the otterbox. They are great but I need something a little better sealed.

pupraiser
09-07-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm interested in buying it. What is it?

spinfreak
09-07-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm interested in buying it. What is it?

Pup...you're must have read it wrong. I'm not selling anything. This is a contest. The first person to enter (by sending me the $35 entry fee) will win a brand new Otterbox Defender case, as well as a used one (if the winner wants it). If the winner chooses to give me the entry fee in person, then it's a discounted entry fee of $30.

If you'd like to enter, then hurry and get your entry fee in ASAP!!! Any entry fees received after the winner is chosen, will be refunded to the entrant.

triplenet
09-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Spin - U still have it? I will take it..... Let me know Thanks NNN

spinfreak
09-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Spin - U still have it? I will take it..... Let me know Thanks NNN

Yep...still have it.

triplenet
09-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Yep...still have it.

email me at andrew@tncre.net

I am up in Jupiter tomorrow until prob 3pm... But can meet on my way home along TPK or ?

spinfreak
09-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Email sent

pupraiser
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Do you still have it?

Larry Mac
10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Spin--My wif'se I-phone 4 Otterbox defender didn't seem as durable as my I-phone 3 Otterbox defender.
So is this new one you rsearched as durable as the defender? Also can all chargers fit into this new one you researched because not all fit into my Otterbox for the I phone 3.

spinfreak
10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I've had the case for almost a week now. I still haven't worked up the balls to try it under water, but as far as everything else, I like it as good, if not better, than the Defender (so far). I rarely drop my phone, but the other day it fell in a parking lot, and not even a scratch on the case.

The only thing I don't like so far is that since the Defender had a silicone skin on it, if I happened to set it down somewhere (dashboard, etc), it stayed there until you pick it up. The LifeProof case is a harder material, so it will slide around. The ringer/alert sounds are muffled just a tiny bit, but not enough to make it an issue.

For the charger, only Apple cables (or others the same size) will fit. I read about a lot of people using a Dremel to sand down aftermarket chargers to have them fit, but I don't see the point with that hassle...I just switched back to the original Apple cable

pupraiser
10-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Will you ship?

spinfreak
10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Will you ship?

I guess so, but it'd probably just be cheaper to buy me a plane ticket instead. Besides, stuffing myself into a cardboard box isn't exactly my idea of a good time