PDA

View Full Version : Finally got the boat wet again 8/20

Mighty Quinn
08-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Due to traveling so much with work, I haven't taken the boat out in over a month. I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I went solo. Picked up 3 dozen shrimp from Harry's and fished the docks near Dragon's Point. I started with artificial but nothing hit, switched to old reliable-popping cork with a live shrimp. First cast, short trout, second cast brought a 19" trout to the boat. Continued for about an hour with more short trout and then I headed to Pineda. Caught my first sheepshead in over 10 years on the popping cork, nothing big though. At least I got to get the boat wet before the storm comes. Hopefully it just swings by and keeps moving, and piles up some weeds or logs offshore so I can finally get a day offshore again.

ontheedge5658
08-23-2011, 06:11 PM
NICE JOB

Panfishangler1
08-23-2011, 06:46 PM
At least I got to get the boat wet before the storm comes. Hopefully it just swings by and keeps moving, and piles up some weeds or logs offshore so I can finally get a day offshore again.

Good Observation man. Didnt think about that. You would think a storm will only bring negative impact to the shores and lands, but there are positives and you just picked one out!! thankyou for the report!