PDA

View Full Version : This morning (8/19) around Cucumber island

torque
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Launched before first light and the mullet were everywhere. Tried artificials but the grass was so thick it was a waste of time. Netted about 25, 6 - 8 inch mullet and starked poling the west side of cucumber island. staked out when I saw the first red and withing 10 minutes we had a double on. ended up with 7 fish between 5 and 9 lbs with two at 9 lbs. Headed home at noon. A good day on the lagoon.
Torque

ShallowMinded31
08-19-2011, 03:31 PM
So there are good numbers of fish around Cucumber Island?

Sweet! See you guys there.....Surround and pound baby!

This should go well....

Panfishangler1
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
lol attack from the rear! good report!

PlumbLoco
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Hell yeah flash mob!

sharkatak1089
08-20-2011, 01:03 AM

This should go well....

oh lord..

torque
08-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks Panfishangler1, seems you can't make a report or comment without someone jumping on you.
Torque

Triple Threat 33T
08-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Great trip. Nice to hear there's plenty of mullet. Where there's mullet, there's always something there eating them.

angler18
08-20-2011, 08:07 PM
pretty good morning, good job!

optimistic Angler
08-20-2011, 08:14 PM

This should go well....

This attitude needs to stay off this forum. The guy wrote a good report. I really don't think that place will be crowed and if it is good for you because you won't be there. Now for something your momma should have taught you "if you don't have anything nice to say shut the F up".

Fool's Gold
08-20-2011, 09:36 PM
The name says it all.

Panfishangler1
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks Panfishangler1, seems you can't make a report or comment without someone jumping on you.
Torque

Keep up the good fishing man!! Fish move, one day they are there, another day they are somewhere else! Thats why these reports are important. Thankyou

ShallowMinded31
08-21-2011, 09:32 PM
I just said what all the lurkers are saying in their head when deciding where to fish the weekend.

Though i do agree i shouldn't bust someones balls for posting a good report, and for that, i apologize.

PlumbLoco
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Lol you guys kill me

optimistic Angler
08-22-2011, 08:11 AM
I just said what all the lurkers are saying in their head when deciding where to fish the weekend.

Thats what I used to think but I bet that area wasn't any more crowed than normal.

Though i do agree i shouldn't bust someones balls for posting a good report, and for that, i apologize.

Thank you for saying that, and I didn't mean to bust yours either I just got tired of the old forum ways

DuPont
08-22-2011, 12:59 PM
can we all kiss and make up now. Great read on my lunch! lol

duckmanJR
08-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Thats what I used to think but I bet that area wasn't any more crowed than normal.

That may be true in a very crowded location like the M / L ..... or it's just so crowded that a couple more boats doesn't seem noticable...

BUT...I don't put *SPOTS* on the WWW...but...It's the posters call if he wants to or not....Not really a big deal unless he outed a spot you like to fish.

Pescatoral Pursuit
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
This attitude needs to stay off this forum. The guy wrote a good report. I really don't think that place will be crowed and if it is good for you because you won't be there. Now for something your momma should have taught you "if you don't have anything nice to say shut the F up".

"Gee Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Beaver last night?"

Talk about attitude staying off the forum... It was clear to everyone but those who washed out of the Oak Hill Police Academy, that he was kidding.

And so what if he wasn't? The OP volunteered the location. It's fair game at that point.

sharkatak1089
08-22-2011, 11:29 PM
"Gee Ward, don't you think you were a little rough on the Beaver last night?"

Talk about attitude staying off the forum... It was clear to everyone but those who washed out of the Oak Hill Police Academy, that he was kidding.

oh my...i like that one. might even use it again tonight. :banana

fish4reds
08-26-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice work on the reds, haven't been to the islands in about a year now......sounds like it might be time to make that run!
Nick, I'll take one side, hehehe

ShallowMinded31
08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Nick, I'll take one side, hehehe

you can't surround and pound in a yak.....They dont effectively scare the fish.

must use trolling motors and toss 3lb pinfish at them...

and then get upset and confused when fish run the other way...

Capt. Tyler Vollmer
08-27-2011, 07:19 AM
you can't surround and pound in a yak.....They dont effectively scare the fish.

must use trolling motors and toss 3lb pinfish at them...:Angry

and then get upset and confused when fish run the other way...

The attitude is worse than ever on this forum. Nick was simply pointing out the crowdedness off that particular area in a joking manner. Run by there on a Sunday... you will :puke

fish4reds
08-28-2011, 11:55 PM
The attitude is worse than ever on this forum. Nick was simply pointing out the crowdedness off that particular area in a joking manner. Run by there on a Sunday... you will :puke
:hail

sharkatak1089
08-29-2011, 02:30 AM
who and what fishes on a weekend?

Capt. Tyler Vollmer
08-29-2011, 03:12 PM
who and what fishes on a weekend? I don't know, buuudddy. Why don't you tell us.

duckmanJR
08-29-2011, 04:34 PM
who and what fishes on a weekend?

I fish every day...and honestly, some weekdays are worse than weekends in my area. I think all the old retireees are convinced it will be crazy busy...so they fish during the week.
Mondays and Fridays can be busy.

cypress
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
This thread title made me cringe.

sharkatak1089
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know, buuudddy. Why don't you tell us.

not i..

sharkatak1089
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
This thread title made me cringe. was it manatees or dolphins that morning on the north side? HAHAHA

Joe Spoe
08-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Shart atak posts the most pointless and useless stuff. But he does seem tough. over.

Redfish Chuck
08-31-2011, 06:52 AM

torque
09-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Wow, all this over what I thought was a good friendly post. Lesson learned. I had the wrong idea of what this forum was about. Sorry guys.

Went fishing, somewhere last week or maybe last month. Might have caught fish, might not have. Used bait. . . . . . or not. Hope this post helped someone else.
See ya
Torque

Pescatoral Pursuit
09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Wow, all this over what I thought was a good friendly post. Lesson learned. I had the wrong idea of what this forum was about. Sorry guys.

Went fishing, somewhere last week or maybe last month. Might have caught fish, might not have. Used bait. . . . . . or not. Hope this post helped someone else.
See ya
Torque

Good job making a good point. I hope the self-appointed forum police "get it."