PDA

View Full Version : you win some, some .............................

Ron-da-vu
06-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I promised pics of the keys trip. Ain't gonna happen. We drove 800 miles and will not wet a hook. We left last night and drove to Ocala so we could get to Islamorada early enough to see the boat we would fish the next day come in. Captain called at 8:30am when we were just south of Ocala and canceled the trip. Said he had to turn around and come back to dock this morning. Must have been very rough, said he buried the nose of his 50' boat a couple of times.

Six very disappointed guys. Whadda do though? I'm gonna do my best to be in Mexico beach next week. Got an annual head boat trip in two weeks with buddy that lives in PC, but I don't know if I can wait that long. My first trip this year started with a bang, but has fizzled to a drip since. We'll see what works out.

tprice
06-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Have had that happen few times out of Charleston SC, 250 trip each way from my house, We always re-scheduled but it is disappointing

One time Capt even called me at home 2 days before and said it did not look like we should make the trip, weather was going to stink, same Capt also took us
out one time in seas he said he should not have. We fished for about an hour and he made the call to come back in and would not charge us a dime. He thought it would lay
down but 2 of our 6 guys were sick as dogs. We made him take couple hundred bucks for fuel and went back next week and wore them out

atty551
06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
i know it's not the same, but if you are still down there you should look at getting a back water guide so at least you have some fishing on the trip...Used to fish down there a lot and the bay side (gulf) should be a lot calmer, although still can be bumpy...Sorry to hear about the trip...I feel for you and your boys...the fishing gods are fickle.

Ron-da-vu
06-10-2011, 01:31 PM
It was a 900 mile trip for us one way. We turned around and came back home. Will be slight chance of getting all these guys together at same time again. Everyone has full time job except me, {retired}.